Obafemi Awolowo University , OAU, escaped what would have been considered as major disaster as fire touched a potion of the underground floor of the biggest lecture theatre in university, Amphitheatre.
Timely intervention of the university fire fighters who battled the fire for hours prevented its escalation to the Amphitheatre.
According to findings, the fire incident started at the generator house under Amphitheatre. “Grubby restaurant generator spark while working and result to fire due to flammable materials kept in the generator house by unknown people” a source within the fire fighters told Ife City News.
The fire fighters therefore adviced OAU community at large to always conscious of their electrical appliances and alert the fire fighters whenever any power upsurge is notice to matter the degree.
They therefore urge campus residents to alert them on the hotline 08162214241 for any emergency.