By Adejumo Kabir
Ife City News correspondent has helped students, most especially the freshmen to gather the five most important units of the university.
- Information Technology and Communications Unit [INTECU]: INTECU is the arm of the University responsible for conceiving, designing and implementing ICT strategics for the university via the development of human capacities and provision of critical infrastructure and network services. The Computer Center established in 1970, Computer Center is the arm of the University responsible for the design, development and implementation of appropriate software systems to support data processing and computing applications, as well as to provide computing facilities for the entire University community. Central Technological Laboratory and Workshops established in 1982, the stated objectives are to provide a production environment in a university setting where training can be given.
- The University Health Centre: The Health Centre is as old as the University. Today, just as the university has grown through the years, the centre has also developed to a very big primary Health Care Centre providing basic health care services to a population of about 50,000 people.
- Centre for Distance Learning: Established to facilitate the development and coordination of the delivery of the University’s Part-Time academic and professional programmes by the distance and open learning mode that will enable learners access the University’s educational resources at remote receive centers locally, nationally and internationally. CDL is situated at Moro, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- Obafemi Awolowo University Staff School: Founded 1967, with thirty-two pupils and five teachers. The Obafemi Awolowo University Staff School was established to render primary education to children of staff as well as pupils from the immediate vicinity. Its objective among others is to lay a sound basis for scientific and reflective thinking. The school has well-equipped laboratories and libraries.
- Obafemi Awolowo University International School: The Obafemi Awolowo University International School was established in January 2000 with the objectives of preparing students for higher education and preparing them for useful living within the society. Admission into the Junior Secondary School is through competitive entrance examinations and interviews.